Friday, June 22, 2007

Some Recognition!

*NOTE: This blogpost originally appeared June 21, 2007 on kccfoodie.typepad.com

If people don't order dessert after a meal, I think it's the restaurant's fault for not having better options. At places where we're offered mud pie, ice cream, and sorbet, my family opts to skip the sweets. However, take us to a place where desserts obviously shine, like Alan Wong's, or Cafe Laufer, and we pounce.

The creative minds behind such saccharine delights are rightfully tiring of being just an afterthought. I was excited to see yesterday's NYTimes "Dining Out" front page article feature pastry chefs venturing out with incredible ideas of their own. A lover and amateur maker of the sweet arts myself I empathize and readily support these New Yorkers, however outlandish their dreams may be.

No comments: